Promote the League's mission with social media and online technology.
*Ready to use content is available here before each statewide election: Election Sample Social Media Content & Voter Education Graphics, YouTube videos & LWVUS Social Media graphics and messages & PSAs.
Increase visibility of your League
- Name your Facebook page "League of Women Voters -----"
- Share: League events (city-specific redistricting training, program meetings, candidate forums, etc.), voter registration events, elections, government communications and announcements, pertinent community information and partner events
- Follow and share LWVTX, LWVUS and local League posts
- In order to promote or advertise anything to do with voting and elections on Facebook the administrator must become verified
Policy & procedures
- The League of Women Voters does not support or oppose any political party or candidate.
- All Leagues shall follow LWVUS brand standards, VOTE411.org brand standards and ensure that the LWV brand is represented correctly, consistently, and professionally whenever it appears in print or online.
- The president appoints administrators for websites and social media and determines who may post for the League without approval.
- Postings should reflect support or not oppose League issue positions and be nonpartisan.
- Use a photo/video release
- Images and postings should reflect your community
- Listen and respond to questions and feedback in a timely manner
- Post frequently providing valid, relevant, and useful content
- Use the official logo in avatar and postings
- Use the full name of the League, ie League of Women Voters (name of League)
- Use consistent hashtags #lwv, #LWVTexas, #LWVCollinCounty
- Use consistent @lwvtexas @lwvhouston @lwvaustin
- With the official League logo and use the full name of the League
- Heed copyrights and fair use regulations
- Stay gender neutral when possible
Create a social media plan for your League
- Share important League events from the Local League Google Calendar
- Share recurring League events from the Biennial League Planning Calendar
- Join the LWVTX Facebook closed Leadership group where League leaders ask questions, get answers, action items, news updates and ideas
- Share content from the President’s Update email which is sent by the state office, as needed, to League presidents.
- Follow & share LWVTX & LWVUS and other local League’ posts on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Twitter
Voting & League history
- Texas Voting and Civil Rights Calendar historical events to add to your calendar
- LWVTX History
- 100 years of Texas Women Voting
- LWVUS history
- Texas State Historical Association powerful stories from Texas Women and The Vote, sign up for Texas history Day By Day emails
Texas voting and election resources
- Texas elections have a two year cycle LWVTX
- Voting and election voter education
- Texas Secretary of State’s website for 2020 dates and votetexas.gov for 2019 dates
- GOTV Resources and GOTV voter education media
- See sample election social media posts above
Official government resources
- Follow and share from your county's official website
The following is a list of the official websites and verified social media accounts associated with the Office of the Texas Secretary of State:
- State Website -sos.texas.gov
- Elections Website -VoteTexas.gov
- Facebook (English) -facebook.com/txsecretary
- Facebook (Spanish) -facebook.com/txsecretaria
- YouTube -Texas Secretary of State
- Instagram -@texassecretary
- State Twitter -@TXsecofstate
- Elections Twitter -@VoteTexas
To report suspicious activity, misinformation, or a fraudulent account, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Texas Election Protection Coalition.
- Sign up for and share content from LWVUS email updates
- GOTV Toobox
- Leagues speak with one voice talking points templates
- 2019 election season social media materials & graphics
- Important dates, 100th Anniversary activities, She is Me toolkit, Communication Webinars, Newsroom, Blog, Shared Photo Database for use by all Leagues, LWVUS Social Media Tool Kit
- Join the LWVUS New Media Facebook private group to ask questions, learn more, and chat with League volunteers who work on social media
- Technology & Communications Webinar Recordings
- Manage Your League Online Communication Website and Social Media
Leagues on social media
- LWVUS: Twitter @lwv, LWVUS Facebook
- LWVTX: Twitter @lwvtexas, LWVTX Facebook, LWVTX YouTube Channel, LWVTX Instagram
- Local Leagues: Twitter:
- Leagues may choose to have a website. LWVUS and LWVTexas highly recommends using the MyLo website which provides an easy to use League template and fantastic customer service. Email email@example.com or call the MyLO Team: 916-442-7215 for more information
With MyLO, you can...
- Have your state AND National League content automatically posted to your local League website when you sign up for a MyLO website
- Co-host events with the state LWV as well as other local LWVs so the event appears on their websites as well
- Choose from several new designs and menus!