Register to Vote
• Online at VOTE411.org:
You must have a S.C. driver’s license or an ID issued by the S.C. Department of Motor Vehicles (SCDMV) to register online. The deadline for online registration is October 4.
• By Mail or In Person:
Download a registration form at scVOTES.gov and return the completed form to your county voter registration and elections office, or you can register in person at the county office. Mailed registrations must be postmarked by October 5. You must register in person by the morning of October 3. The Richland County Voter Registration and Elections office will be open October 3, 9am - 1pm, for last minute in person voter registration.
Check Your Voter Registration Status
- If you are already registered, check your voter registration status at VOTE411.org. Verify your registration, and make sure all information is current and accurate.
If you have moved or changed your name and your voter registration is not up to date, you must first update your address with SCDMV. Then complete an online registration form with your new address or name at VOTE411.org. If you prefer, download a “Change of Address” form at scVOTES.gov and send the completed form to your county voter registration and elections office or you can visit the office to make the changes in person.
- Get your personalized ballot
- Compare candidates views on the issues
- Check your voter registration
- Access absentee ballot information
- View early voting options and polling place locations
- Review ID requirements for voting