Register – It’s Easy!

Register – It’s Easy!

Option #1: Online Voter Registration

If you have a current Hawaii Driver's License or current Hawaii State ID and a Social Security Number, you may use the State Office of Elections website to register. You may also use this website to: update your existing voter registration, confirm your voter registration address and Request to vote by mail.

Option #2: County Clerk

You may mail or present an application to your Clerk’s Office at the address below: Use the official Voter Registration and Permanent Absentee Application form.

County of Hawaii
25 Aupuni St., Rm 1502
Hilo, HI 96720
County of Kauai
4386 Rice St., Rm 101
Lihue, HI 96766
County of Maui
200 S. High St., Rm 708
Wailuku, HI 96793
City & County of Honolulu
530 S. King St., Rm 100
Honolulu, HI 968213


Option #3: Late and Election Day Registration

If you miss the application deadlines shown below, late registration is available at Early Walk-in Voting locations in your county. Use the official Voter Registration and Permanent Absentee Application form. Early Walk-in Voting Registration takes place at specific locations designated by your County Clerk: from July 30 – August 9, 2018 (for the Primary Election) and October 23 – November 3, 2018 (for the General Election). Election Day Registration is available at your assigned polling place. Use the Find My Polling Place Locator to locate your polling place.

How do UOCAVA Citizens Register to Vote?

The Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA) helps military voters and United State Citizen voters residing outside of the United States. UOCAVA voters can register by completing a Federal Post Card Application (FPCA). The completed FPCA must then be received by or postmarked to the respective Clerk’s Office no later than 30 days prior to an election to be added to the voter rolls, to report name changes or report address changes. This year’s Registration Deadlines are shown under "Voting Dates."